If you’ve never heard about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) be prepared to be amazed. It is a month long event taking place every November. The purpose is to motivate writers all over the world and how they do it is by challenging people.
50 000 words in 30 days.
Difficult you say? Yes, otherwise it wouldn’t be a challenge. And with November just around the corner so it is time to start thinking of a story.
I had planned to participate last year but didn’t have the time. So new try this year!
How do I prepare?
- Firstly, I have to breakdown the 50 000 words. It is such a huge amount you just feel overwhelmed.
- 50 000 words in 30 days = 1667 words a day
- 1667 words (Calibri, size 11) = 3 pages
- Then I have to plan my story. Otherwise I won’t get anything written. There are of course people who can just sit down and start. But me, no. Planning is wort gold.
- Bullet point the important events
- Divide into chapters
- Add more bullet points under each chapter
If anyone want to join me in this log in to NaNoWriMo’s webpage and add your own novel! Maybe we could become writing buddies?
If you want to know more about how it works CLICK HERE.