Here we go again, a tag that has been sitting among my drafts since… well, the middle of February. I was tagged by Sophie @ Blame Chocolate, who happens to have a great blog that is one of the ones I check up on regularly, which is what you also should do. Sorry, Sophie, for it taking me this long to doing this tag 🙈 So let’s see what I consider romance fails. This gonna be a though one.
There might be some relationship spoilers for Code Geass, Doctor Who, Harry Potter (movies), TMNT (2012) and Ragnarok.
- Please PINGBACK to me at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Or just Kate. And PINGBACK TO A SPECIFIC POST OF MINE. I won’t see the post otherwise, and I’d like to see it.
- You can choose ten romance fails from ANY media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person
Lelouch and Kallen from Code Geass.
Let me just say that CC is such a better match for Lelouch than Kallen. Kallen became infatuated with part of Lelouch, but she could never understand him completely. This kind of made Lelouch use her, bad of him, but everything’s allowed in love and war?
The 10th Doctor and Rose from Doctor Who
Okay, this is not a fail. This is TRAGEDY. Okay, heart, don’t break. Oh my, the last episode of season 2 I still haven’t rewatched and I cried for months after even seeing clips from that one. This was a match made in heaven and it just… THE UNIVERSE WOULDN’T ALLOW IT! My heart is forever broken for these two.
Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter (movies)
First of all, THIS WAS NEVER IN THE BOOKS! I do not ship them even a little bit. Also, Luna is ending up with Newt Scamander’s grandson, which seems a lot more fitting. Sorry all Neville and Luna shippers, but I have never seen this one and I will probably never see it.
Donatello and April from TMNT (2012)
This is a ship I’d like to work out. But how would that be possible? It is a bit tragic, but they are so cute together! And Donnie, he’s so adorable^^ But how would one overcome that interspecies issue?
Fenris Fenrir and Loki from Ragnarok
This is one of my longest running OTPs. AND THE MANHWA GOT CANCELLED! I still ship them and will do so until the bitter end. Thay are made for each other an just before the cancellation seemed to realise they might have feelings for each other. ‘Seemed to’ being the key words. Oh my…
I think I’ll stop at 5, it was more difficult than I thought, but once I got going it was so much fun! There are surely plenty more romance fails out there, but hey, I couldn’t mention all of them!
AND ANYONE WHO FEELS LIKE BEING TAGGED